Sunday 17 April 2016

Critical Reflection on SEM2902

After receiving the list of modules we have to take in the second trimester, i was kind of scared for the COM 150 as my English language was not as strong as compared to my mother tongue. At first, I thought that i would be struggling to get through this course. Apart from having the disadvantages at minor things such as grammar and spelling, i'm also not a good reader and a listener. The thought of having to just listen and read during my past English classes made me unexcited about COM 150. Apart from that, i also thought that this class was going to be pointless, similar to all the other English related modules i have taken during my polytechnic days.

However, i started realizing the importance of the module or more precisely, the things that were taught in the module after attending a few classes. For instance, one of the things covered in this module was on active listening. Referring back to my background, i was and never am a good listener. Reflecting back, this module has helped me in improving myself in a few areas without knowing. For example, the way i present myself to someone more superior, my writing skills and language and etc. On top of learning new things, this module have also given me the opportunity to discover myself such as the type of listener i am and etc. To strain the importance of things taught in the module, we have also decided to do our project based on the things taught such as active listening and resolving conflicts. Therefore, my biggest takeaway for this module was when we learnt about active listening.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Hirah, for this clear and concise reflection. I'm glad that the experience you had in the module was different from your expectations and that it helped you "discover" more about yourself.
    I appreciate all the work you did this term!

    ReplyDelete